The (Food) News:
- Mr. Potato Head Gets Ugly Makeover to Raise Awareness of Food Waste
- The Washington Post’s 10 Best Ranked Food Cities (such cool videos and coverage!)
- It’s Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day! I wrote a post for Seattle magazine about it.
- Nat Geo’s Future of Food site has so many interesting articles and information.
- NPR: Food Culture Gives Rise to New ‘Eatomology’
Food-Related Movies/TV Shows on Netflix:
- Young & Hungry
- Food Chains
- Chef’s Table
- Forks Over Knives
- A Place at the Table
New Foodie Books We Have to Read:
- Pen & Palate: Mastering the Art of Adulthood, with Recipes by Lucy Madison and Tram Nguyen
- Molly on the Range: Recipes and Stories from An Unlikely Like on a Farm by Molly Yeh (releases in October, preorders now available. I am SO excited for this cookbook!)
- Back to the Kitchen: 75 Delicious, Real Recipes (& Stories) from a Food-Obsessed Actor by Freddie Prince Jr. (THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!)
- A Super Upsetting Cookbook About Sandwiches by Tyler Kord and William Wegman
The Coolest Things We Saw on Social This Week:
- Instagram: GRILLED RICE KRISPIE TREATS!
- Pinterest: Porchetta Melts
- Twitter: Tofu Recipes to Actually Love
- Facebook: Video – How Rainbow Sprinkles are Made
Got a comment, question, tip, or request (or movie quote, funny gif, or joke)? Email us at thebitesandpieces (at) gmail (dot) com. We’d love to chat.