The (Food) News:
- A new Kellog’s cereal restaurant opens in Times Square. SO COOL! Plus, Christina Tosi is involved, so #WIN.
- Why being a messy eater is a GOOD thing.
- Creative Ice Cream Flavor Day. It’s a thing. I wrote a post for Seattle magazine about it.
- Smoky sweet is the new flavor trend.
- NPR: Food Culture Gives Rise to New ‘Eatomology’
- Have we been told lies about breakfast?
- ICE CREAM MUSEUM OPENING IN NY’S MEAT-PACKING DISTRICT.
- Speaking of ice cream: new Blue Bell ice cream flavor!
- Bite of Seattle is happening tomorrow! About to get my eat on. Yeah.
New Foodie Books We Have to Read:
- Pen & Palate: Mastering the Art of Adulthood, with Recipes by Lucy Madison and Tram Nguyen (CHECK. 3/5 stars)
- Molly on the Range: Recipes and Stories from An Unlikely Like on a Farm by Molly Yeh (releases in October, preorders now available. I am SO excited for this cookbook!)
- Back to the Kitchen: 75 Delicious, Real Recipes (& Stories) from a Food-Obsessed Actor by Freddie Prince Jr. (THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!)
- A Super Upsetting Cookbook About Sandwiches by Tyler Kord and William Wegman
The Coolest Things We Saw on Social This Week: